Whosoever...

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

When I was very young it seemed....

When I was very young it seemed, I failed to understand
When some things very dear to me, were taken from my hand....
Not that I was punished for refusing to let go,
But my Father chose to lead me In another path to grow

From infant things I treasured to another step before
Leading me to higher things, beyond an open door.
From childhood to youth until, adulthood came my way,
Where home, NEW FRIENDS and family, added blessings to my day!

Yet I have learned that even these are treasurers for a time,
And when the season's over, they are taken from the vine.
AGAIN my Father leads me as He gently has before
Into another path that leads, through yet another door ...

Beyond the things, I once held dear, until IN HIM I find
Such fellowship that passing things, I willingly resign.
Ever PRESSING ON until I see my Saviour's face,
When with the saints in glory, I shall sing 'AMAZING GRACE'.

No comments: